See the median home values from Trulia.
Enter your info to see what you can afford and what your payments will be with Up-To-Date Rates!
Resources for Buyers
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home
- Check Your Credit – Your credit is crucial when applying for a loan; the better your score, the lower your interest rates will be. Be sure to check all three major credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion as the information in each report may vary slightly. Make sure you make copies of your credit report as well and check your score well in advance of applying for loans.
- Find a Lender – Most people need to take out a loan when buying a home, and you’ll want to be prepared to make an offer when you find that perfect home. It’s important to be sure that you’re approved for a loan before you start looking at homes so you don’t miss out on any opportunities. If you need help finding a lender, I can recommend trusted lenders near you.
- Price Range – Calculate what’s realistic for you before considering different areas to live in to be sure things stay within your budget. Once you know your range, I can help you make the most out of your money.
- Research – Finding the right home can be time-consuming, but it’s important to consider everything before you decide. What’s the commute like to work? If you have kids, what are the schools like in the area? How many bed and bathrooms will you need? Do you prefer or newer or older styled home? All are important factors to take into account during the home finding process. I am dedicated to helping you through the entire home buying process. Once we find that perfect home, I will prepare a written offer. With my experience in the market, I can help you arrive at an offer that both fits your budget and has the best chance of being accepted.
- Once Your Offer is Accepted – After your offer is accepted, you’ll have a grace period to have the house professionally inspected and request repairs or counter offer if the situation arises. Once this step is complete, we will verify the terms and conditions of your loan, and assist you in signing your papers. I’m here to assist you with any questions you may have during the process.
- Moving Time! – Now that you’ve found your perfect home it’s time to make moving arrangements. If you plan on utilizing a professional moving company, I can recommend reputable, local movers. Don’t forget to fill out your change of address forms and inform the utility company of your move!
Resources for Sellers
Get Started on the Right Foot!
- Why Hire an Agent?
Studies show that sellers who use a real estate agent generally get a better price than those who choose to sell the home themselves. As an agent, it is my job to stay up to date on the latest market trends and fluctuations. Utilizing an agent means no surprises during the selling process, as you will have the latest information at critical junctures in the process. Let me put my experience to work for you to ensure you get the best price for your home!
- Before Your Home is Listed
Prior to listing your home, you’ll want to ensure everything is in good showing condition before buyers start to tour the home. Here are some important things to consider:
- Start Packing
Now is the time to put things in storage, clean out the basement and garage and start preparing to show your home. Remove any family photos or personal items. Remember, you want buyers to see themselves in your home!
- Spot Paint
Touch up both interior and exterior paint.
- Update Carpet
Clean or replace the carpet in areas with heavy wear.
- Extra Cleaning
Keep the interior and exterior clean and odor free.
- Curb Appeal
Trim any overgrown bushes, mow the lawn and keep it free of leaves or snow. Make sure the front of the home is clean and appealing. You want to make a strong first impression!
- Find Potential Problems Early
Once you’ve completed these steps you may want to hire someone to perform a pre-listing inspection. Buyers will be hiring professional inspectors too; this is your chance to find and address problems before it’s time to sell.
- Start Packing
- Professional Staging
Consider hiring a professional stager to help give buyers the appeal they’re looking for.
During the Listing Period
You’ll need to plan to have something to do during the times potential buyers visit your home. If initial offers don’t meet your expectations, don’t dismiss them immediately. You may need to consider lowering your asking price if months go by with few or no offers. However, by working with your agent you will be able to arrive a price that works for all parties.